Sports recovery has come a long way since the days when it meant sitting on the sidelines with an ice pack.
The Blue Cube ice bath revolutionizes post-workout care and puts you back in the game faster than ever before. Cold plunges are not just for elite athletes anymore, but anyone looking to speed up their body’s natural healing process.
In this review, we’ll outline all of the features that make the Blue Cube cold plunge one of the most advanced cold plunge tubs available – from adjustable temperature settings and a unique circulation system to its sleek design and cost; no matter what type of fitness enthusiast you are, Blue Cube will meet all your needs!
What is the Blue Cube ice bath?
The Blue Cube ice bath isn’t just any ordinary cold plunge tub, it’s one of the best cold plunge tubs on the market. With its sleek and modern design, it’s not only a refreshing way to recover after a workout, but also a stylish addition to any home, gym, or spa. The Blue Cube uses advanced technology to keep the water consistently cold, ensuring maximum benefits for your mind and body. Don’t settle for anything less than the best – treat yourself to the Blue Cube cold plunge tub.
Who Created The Blue Cube Cold Plunge?
Blue Cube was created and founded by Thomas Schiffer when he stumbled upon cold immersion therapy as an alternative to taking anti-anxiety medication. Using his 30 years of experience managing restaurants, he used his knowledge of freezers, refrigerators, and HVAC to overcome the common problems plaguing other cold plunge companies like the incompatibility of filtration systems getting clogged up with ice, water circulation capacity issues, and exposed parts being subject to wear and tear.
During the Covid outbreak in 2020, Thomas collaborated with two highly skilled technical fabricators – Kyle Wilson and Zach Parsley. Kyle and Zach had experience in areas like fluid dynamics, filtration, water pressure, and piping. Together, they founded BlueCube in Oregon.
Top benefits of the Blue Cube cold plunge tub
- Boosts your immune system – When you are submerged in cold water, it can activate your body’s leukocytes, which are responsible for fighting infections. Additionally, it can cause the lymphatic system to contract, pushing fluid through the lymph nodes. This can help remove toxins from your body and improve your immune system.
- Healthier skin – Taking a cold plunge can have benefits for your skin such as removing dead cells and promoting collagen production, which supports skin regeneration. The cold water can also decrease oil production which, in turn, reduces redness, blemishes, acne, pimples, and blackheads by shrinking the size of your pores.
- Reduced inflammation – When you are immersed in cold water, your blood vessels constrict, resulting in decreased blood flow to any affected areas. This reduces swelling and inflammation, ultimately resulting in less pain.
- Improved fat burning – Immersion in cold water can activate brown fat tissue, which aids in regulating body temperature and managing blood sugar and insulin levels. This process can also lead to the conversion of white fat into brown fat, resulting in increased calorie burning.
- Increased energy – Cold water immersion can enhance the levels of endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine in your body. As a result, your energy levels are elevated, making you feel more alert and dynamic for the upcoming day.
- Better sleep – Cold water immersion can release endorphins which can aid in relaxation of the body, ultimately reducing stress levels and leading to improved quality of sleep.
- Enhanced mental toughness – Taking a cold plunge can increase your tolerance to stress and pain by teaching you how to cope with uncomfortable situations.
Best Features of Blue Cube
The Blue Cube has some of the best features on the market when it comes to cold plunge tubs. It’s designed to be both efficient and aesthetically pleasing, with its sleek design, advanced technology, and durable construction. Here are some of the features that make Blue Cube stand out from the rest.
High Circulation Flow Rate
Having a high flow rate for cold water circulation is crucial for cold immersion therapy. When your body enters the water, the temperature immediately gets warmer due to your body heat. The Blue Cube cold plunge tub was specifically built with a high flow rate circulator to maintain a consistently low temperature which is critical for breaking your body’s thermal barrier.
So what is a thermal barrier and why is it important to break it? A thermal layer is a warmer area around your skin when you are submerged in cold, still water. This layer of warmth protects your body from being fully exposed to the cold. Circulating the water at a high rate cancels out to thermal barrier so your body is forced to work harder to maintain its core temperature. The harder your body has to work, the more benefits you’ll get from a cold plunge tub.
This is what separates the Blue Cube from other ice baths that do not have high-flow water circulators. You’ll never break the thermal barrier with a regular ice bath.
The Blue Cube cold tub has one of the fastest cooling rates on the market. It can cool the water temperature fast at a rate of 11 to 13 degrees per hour, even in 100-degree heat, thanks to its high-capacity chilling motors. They ensure the tub cools off quickly and stays cold.
The Blue Cube was specifically designed to ensure maximum surface area exposure, meaning you can submerge your entire body, including your head, so you are getting the full benefits of cold exposure therapy. The Blue Cube’s design also gives it easy access and provides back support.
Easy To Drain and Refill
Having a bottom drain valve means the tub drains in 15 minutes. Depending on the model and your water pressure, refilling a Blue Cube cold plunge typically takes about 15 minutes. You can use a regular garden hose for refilling.
20 Micron Filter and Ozone Purification
By using a 20-micron filter, the Blue Cube has the same filtration capabilities as a household drinking water filter. Combine that with their Ozone purification system and you have chemical-free filtration with the purest water possible.
No Assembly Required
All Blue Cube cold plunge tubs come fully assembled. Just fill it up, plug it in, and start plunging!
Spa Cover Included
Your Blue Cube will come with a spa cover that is under warranty for 25 years!
Blue Cube ice baths use roughly the same amount of electricity as a refrigerator. They run on 120v 20 amp dedicated GFI outlets, and with the cover, you can leave them plugged in just like a fridge or hot tub.
Blue Cube offers custom engraving on each cold tub, which is great for gym brands, or a dedication to someone special.
Blue Cube Ice Bath Pricing
BlueCube offers five different cold plunge options all at different price points. They also offer payment plans.
- CoreChill Residential Cold Plunge – $17,999
- Mini-Me Cold Plunge/Ice Bath – $18,999
- In-Line 46 Cold Plunge – $19,999
- In-Line 50 Cold Plunge – $24,999
- Malibu 56 Cold Plunge – $28,999
Blue Cube Pros and Cons
Now let’s look at the Pros and Cons of the Blue Cube ice bath. Understanding what’s great about Blue Cube as well as what the drawbacks are will help you pick the best cold plunge tub that’s perfect for you.
Blue Cube Pros
- Fast cooling rate at 11-13 degrees per hour
- High-flow water circulator to break the thermal barrier
- Ergonomic design for maximum surface exposure
- Bottom drain valve for fast draining and refilling
- 20-micron filter and ozone purification system for chemical-free filtration of purest water possible (not available on all models)
- No assembly required, just fill, plug, and plunge!
- Spa cover included with a 25-year warranty
- Energy efficient at roughly the same amount of electricity as a refrigerator
- Custom engraving available
As you can see, there are a lot of great things about the Blue Cube ice bath tub. But nothing is perfect, so the following is a list of some things to consider.
Blue Cube Cons
- Price is at the high end of the market
- No built-in seat
- 20-micron filter and ozone purification system not available on all models
- Not large enough for two people to use at the same time.
- Can be difficult to move due to weight.
Overall, the Blue Cube offers some great features that make it a popular choice among those looking for an ice bath. However, its higher price point and lack of certain features such as built-in seating or ozone purification on all models may be drawbacks to consider. In the next section we will look at other popular brands in the cold plunge scene.
Blue Cube Alternatives
If the Blue Cube doesn’t seem right for you here are some alternative cold plunge tubs to look into. For a more in-depth analysis of each cold plunge tub listed here, check out my post about the best cold plunge tubs.
- Plunge – Best Overall
- Ice Barrel – Best Value
- Recovery For Athletes – Best Marketplace
- Renu Therapy – Best Endorsements
- Polar Monkeys – Best Inflatable
- BZB Cabins – Best For Groups
- Edge Theory Labs – Best Portable
- Redwood Outdoors – Best Options
Blue Cube Reviews
Check out what these gym owners, wellness center owners, biohackers, and health enthusiasts have to say about their experiences with BlueCube.
“The main thing my clients love about our BlueCube ice bath – it’s always cold, always clean. We need water to stay cold and clean given our high volume. BlueCube stepped up to the challenge and delivered.” – Michael Roviello, Owner of Optimyze Wellness Center
“Our members look forward to Saturday morning cold plunges in our BlueCube. We can run 13 people back to back no problem.” – Nicole Olney, Owner of V2 Physio and Wellness
“As a biohacker and health optimizer, I believe the science is clear: cold exposure therapy is a pillar of health. BlueCube makes my routine hassle free to follow from home. No bags of ice, no set up times…” – Phillip Levasseur, Biohacker and health enthusiast
Conclusion: Should You Buy The Blue Cube Ice Bath?
The Blue Cube Cold Plunge is a great choice for those looking for an efficient, high-quality way to incorporate cold exposure therapy into their wellness routine. Its ergonomic design allows for maximum surface area to be exposed, and its fast cooling rate ensures it will always be at the perfect temperature when you’re ready to take the plunge.
With no assembly required and the ability to accommodate up to 13 people back-to-back, it’s an ideal pick for gyms, wellness centers, and anyone looking for a hassle-free cold plunge experience. Whether you’re looking to ease muscle aches and pains or optimize your overall health through cold exposure therapy, the Blue Cube is worth considering.
If you’re ready to take the plunge, the BlueCube cold plunge is a great option for anyone looking for a top-of-the-line ice bath experience. Don’t miss out on experiencing the ultimate in relaxation and improved health – try it today!